Tuesday, September 21

a is for autism


Autism.

Most people don't know enough about it to say anything valuable, and Hollywood doesn't help with the portrayal of the condition..

I work with Autistic children, it's my job. I LOVE MY JOB, and yes, I love the kids too. Everyday is an adventure, and the kids never cease to amaze us! People tend to believe that we make a difference in their lives, but tonight I realised that they are the ones making the difference.

I challenge all my followers, to somehow, meet an autistic child or adult. Spend time with them, and allow them to show you a little piece of their world. You won't be disappointed!

p.s the colour coded yarn-frame is to show that we all have a little autism in us somewhere - me included :)

1 comment:

  1. Chantal van Ginkel23 September 2010 at 12:55

    Thank you for sharing, Anel - what you say is so true: the students we work with are our greatest teachers. And they're very lucky to know you.

    ReplyDelete